Use Case: Import Department Data from your HRIS/HCM into Jobvite Admin Department. This would enable the Recruiters to use these Departments while creating Requisitions.
Department Import Process (How it Works)
- Customer generates Changes only CSV File to match with File Specs
- Customer drops the file in Jobvite SFTP “inbound” folder every day
- Jobvite Process will pick the file and start the processing
- If TRANSACTIONTYPE is:
- NEW, Records will be imported as a NEW Department.
- UPDATE, Department records will be UPDATED with new information from the file.
- DELETE, it is treated as inactivation.
- If a Department is attached to an Open Requisition then Inactivation is not possible.
- Jobvite Process will generate a result file with success and failure details
- Result file will be dropped to the Jobvite SFTP “outbound” folder
Key Points to Consider:
- CHANGES only file
- TRANSACTIONTYPE - [ NEW/UPDATE/DELETE] will determine the ACTION
- No Full Files
- Single file with all actions OR a Separate file for each action is acceptable.
- If the delimiter is part of the data, escape properly with DOUBLEQUOTES.
- Send ALL fields in the file layout as in the mapping document
- If you don’t have value for some fields - Send blank values in those columns.
- Will be useful in the future if you want to send value in an unused field without modification by Jobvite
- For every input file, a result file is generated and dropped back into the SFTP outbound folder.
- Dropping the result file in SFTP indicates import process is completed in Jobvite.
- There is no processing status email notification from Jobvite to the customer
- The process DOES NOT fail the whole file if few records have error(s)
- It processes all the records and sends an error report.
Note: Customer should have the INPUT FILE and RESULTS FILE in an accessible place internally. This would help in easy troubleshooting for customers when issues arise.
Important Note: Review the result files every day for failures.
- What happens if the DELETE sent to Jobvite errors out? The DELETE record doesn’t get sent the next day in the file.
- 2 options
- Manually DELETE the record in Jobvite
- Update your HCM/HRIS based on the result file and make sure the record is sent back the next day as DELETE
- 2 options
- What happens if the NEW record sent failed to create in Jobvite
- 2 options
- Check the result file for error and fix the HRIS system and mark for resend
- Create the record in Jobvite manually
- 2 options
- Can we send Full files?
- No. You always send Delta File with TRANSACTIONTYPE as NEW/UPDATE/DELETE.
- This keeps the integration simple and easily manageable in the long run
- This would also eliminate accidental deletion due to data transmission corruption
- If we add data manually via UI, will it be affected by the integration
- Manually added users will NOT be touched by the interface, as far as they are NEVER part of the import.
- You will be manually managing those manually created records
- Does the file gets compared with the data in the Jobvite system?
- No comparison is done against the existing value in Jobvite instance.
- Import run based on the action column determination.
|Create SFTP account||Jobvite|
|Generate Import File||Customer|
|Review and Import File||Jobvite|
|Review import results||Customer|
|Go Live||Jobvite & Customer|
Note: Attached is the blank file template for your use, as well as a sample file for your reference.
Please note that the correct file naming convention for your import file is: